Thursday, August 9, 2007

Full of Bugs

So, my computer crapped out on me last night. I was just standing there, talking to Keith when I turned just in time to see Outlook feed me that line about how sorry it is for the inconvenience but it has to shut down. Which seemed odd. I wasn't doing anything at the time. But it wouldn't let me start Outlook anymore. I started to panic, what would I do? Somebody might NEED to reach me!! Then I tried to open my work program, which works with Word, and it wouldn't open either. So, I went to the option of reinstalling/repairing Microsoft Office, since that seemed to be the glitch. Well, it wouldn't let me. I tried a system restore, no dice. I tried many different angles of things, and finally something sort of worked. I say sort of, because I never did really figure out what was wrong, or how to fix it, I just found a way to sort of work around it. I eventually got everything working EXCEPT Outlook, and then I just fannagled that into working in spite of itself.


So, it works, but it *feels* funny, if that makes any sense. Like it could collapse again at any moment. Chelle is making backups now. Lots of backups.


Our Kitchen has even MORE bugs than my computer. We have our usual scout ants, wandering about looking for something to report back about. Nothing major. BUT, our neighbor gave us some pears from her tree that happened to be the location of a major fruit fly village. They apparently do not have an urban growth boundary, because they just expanded to our whole kitchen. Even after eliminating the fruit, they gather in the kitchen sink, in the garbage can, whereever suits their fancy.
As flies go though, the fruit fly is sort of cute. Sort of. Kind of like a flying fat hamster. Except it's a fly, and it lays it's eggs in my food. Which is gross. So, all fruit has been confined to quarantine until this crisis passes.

No comments:



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better