Friday, July 18, 2008

Sewing Machine Shopping

I have this embroidery/sewing combo machine, and I rarely do any sewing.  Like most combo devices, it's not really stellar at either of the things it does. 

My current machine
Sent from BlueOrganizer


At the time, I really was fascinated with the whole machine embroidery thing.  I downloaded lots of free designs, and tinkered with the thing, but like with most of my hobbies, I get more fun out of collecting stuff than actually doing anything with it.

More recently, I've been more interested in sewing some basic things, kids clothes, curtains, maybe a sundress, and it hasn't really been that great for sewing either.  I bought a serger, which I LURVE, but it has resulted in a small pile of started projects waiting to be finished on a sewing machine.

So, I'm going to take my Iris and trade it in for a new sewing machine that may serve me a little better as a basic sewing machine.  I started just shopping about on-line today, and found this one.



It seems pretty good, found a really good review of it that says it's easy to use for kids, which means I should be able to figure it out too.  :)

Price-wise, it's quite a bit less expensive than my Iris was.  I also have my eye on one of those sewing cabinets that folds down all small and clean looking when not in use and hides all your stuff.  Probably have to pay a little extra, but I'll actually be able to sew and have a working sort of work space.

I like this one

Arrow 400 Series Cabinet - L-shaped sewing cabinet in oak finish with brass accents is perfect for small spaces, and tucks nicely in the corner and out of the way. A custom insert is included with this cabinet.
Sent from BlueOrganizer




But you know, a little out of the price range.

Anyway... back to spinning and knitting...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better