Thursday, July 10, 2008

My inner joiner Farmgirl?

So, we're tearing apart our house.  I'm guessing this is a good idea?

July 2008 018.jpg

To try not to think about it, I burn up some time on my computer..

And as further proof that i am working my way up to being a first class *joiner*, I've joined a whole slew of things in the last week.  The usual things, like Twitter.  Then Plaxo, which I can see will be useful in tracking and syncing  all of my little electronics with my schedule, task lists and contacts.  I also found a couple of spots to join that were created purely to streamline your microblogging, status updating experiences.  first I found Hellotxt.com, which is pretty basic, it works, but it doesn't feel fun.

But then things got fun.

First off there's Plurk

This is like a chat room, only modern and snazzy, and way better organized.  You earn karma which opens up new worlds of dancing bananas and name changes.  There is this crazy-ass group of knitting people on Plurk and they all just Plurk 24/7.  What they're eating, what they're knitting, what they're thinking, and just that they're done' plurking and going to bed.  Here, in the midst of all this random yet fascinating chatter, somebody dropped something about Plurkette Hencircle


So, of course, I thought, hey, what's that. Went browsing about and before you know it, yep, I've joined.  then I went on to find out what it was that I'd joined.  Which is the mark of a true joiner.  Other people are doing it, I want in, then figure out what it is that I'm in.  Turns out, it's way cool, so I'm staying joined. It's a virtual community of plurkers who are into this Farmgirl thing.  and the Farmgirl thing is just like, modern day women's club of ladies into sustainable and organic living. 

And they're also totally into aprons.  Which at first I privately scoffed, then started looking at aprons, now I'm thinking I should get me a new sewing machine and make me an apron. 
And I want to earn Farmgirl badges too.

I'm just totally into this whole thing.  I checked out her book from the library, and just skimmed through it a bit, now I probably have to buy that too.  But first, I'll be officially joining the Farmgirl Sisterhood, because being a Plurkette is great, but I want to join it all.  :)


Oh, and I also joined Ping.fm so now I can efficiently post updates and fanciful things directly to all the things that I joined.  And I've hardly thought about my house with no siding on one side all day.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahhahaha. I LOVE this post! And I loved your description of Plurk. Absolutely perfect!

I have not yet joined the hencircle--how long do you think it'll be? *laugh*



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better