Sunday, July 27, 2008

I bake, therefore I butter

I started the baking extravaganza with getting the little peasant bread dough out so it could rise.  5 hours later, it still refuses to rise.





I pounded the crap out of it, and set it again.  It may just get baked and be a very dense little bread.

I moved on to the most awesome-est oatmeal chocolate chip cookies evah..





Oh, so good. You really need to stop after two cookies or you will turn into a wad of buttery goodness yourself.

THEN, not to be stopped, I decided I would make a cherry pie. I had this can of pie filling that had been rattling around in the back of my cupboard from a time I was going to make cheesecake many moons ago. And I was very into dough today, so I wanted to make my own crust for the first time.

My grandma gave me this pie plate with the cherry pie recipe on it. Note to self: Make notes of what the rest of the instructions are before you put the crust and filling into the plate. Anyway, more butter, more sugar.. pastry dough is sooooo nice to play with.





I turned to the pie directions on the can of pie filling, which don't seem to be the same as the ones actually hidden now beneath the pie, but I kind of compromised. 425 for 15 minutes, then down to 350 until it started to turn brown.

Voila...





This is going to be soooo good with a la mode later. I just know it.  Yeah, I have no idea what it means when they say to flute the edges... at least I think that's what it said, it's under the pie.  Soon as the apples around the area come into abundance, I'm going to be canning applesauce, and making apple pie.

In Knitting Words... I'm working on my Summer of Socks 2008 socks in Twisted, Playful yarn base, in the Tulip colorway.  Two socks at a time on two circulars, Magic Judy's cast on, toe up  Gorgeous.





Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better