Friday, June 20, 2008

Raw?

I'm considering doing a 7-day detox on raw foods. Though I doubt I'd ever go totally all raw all the time, a 7-day detox seems like a good sample, and there is one here with The Raw Divas Summer is a particularly good time to do this, since there are so many fabulous fresh fruits and veggies to choose from. I'm still a little wary of the "green smoothie" thing but I'm not 6 years old here, I can try it. The Divas also have some recipes for some raw smoothies, salads and soups in their Health in High Heels newsletter Have to say, they sound pretty yummy.

Last night, decidedly NOT raw. We had to defrost our chest freezer this week, as next week I'm acquiring some meat packs from Thundering Hooves (beef and pork) and we'll need the room. We have quite a bit of fish in the freezer, including some halibut from last summer that wasn't very well sealed and slightly freezer burned on the edges. I trimmed off some of the burned bits, and I made a Fish Stew with the rest. We also had an abundance of frozen corn from last summer, some of which also went in the stew.

In the fridge, I had half a papaya ever ripening, so I also baked up some Papaya bread (though Charlotte won't touch it because it has "nuts in it." I think it's awesome.

Next up: Planning for camping food - and probably delaying the raw detox thing until we get back next week, dunno, sure would simplify the camp menu...

No comments:



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better