Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Going Domestic

Between finishing that sweater (too short in the sleeves and the body - no matter how HUMONGOUS it seemed on the needles), baking bread all week (turned out kinda good), and really starting to dig in with composting, gardening, buying more locally and organically... Will i recognize myself?

I'm still working, but I'm changing my schedule around so I'll have a little more time during the day for all these lovely domestic pursuits. I was asked today, do I consider myself a feminist? Not really. I don't want to be everything. I don't really want it all. Just the good stuff. Thanks to the feminist movement, now I *have* to work just so we can get by as a family. Sure, my husband could work two jobs, so I could not work at all, but I think I'd be more miserable that way. I like pulling part of that financial load, just like I appreciate him taking on some of the household necessaries. Like laundry, shopping, cooking and bathroom cleaning, to name a few.

No comments:



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better