Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Food Experiments: Baking Bread

Okay, so I set to baking bread this week. Using the Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day book (which is totally awesome by the way) I went ahead and did the batch of basic bread dough and made three loaves. The first:


The second looked pretty similar, and was eaten equally quickly.

Last night, i finished up the dough and made this beauty..



And today it is being gradually consumed by children...



Today, I have started a new recipe of dough, using olive oil, and will attempt to incorporate some olives before baking. By the way, after attempting bread on a cookie sheet, I loves loves loves my stone. ($15 at Bi-Mart)

The new dough is rising.



Now, I'm going to take a stab at Kalua pig, rice, and macaroni salad. And I need some eggs, so I can try this papaya bread...

No comments:



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better