Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fires of Winter

Fires of Winter (Viking #1)Fires of Winter by Johanna Lindsey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Delicious and tawdry. I still read romance novels for the same reason I still watch Days of Our Lives and The Young and the Restless. Impossibly pretty people, manipulating and scheming their way through the predictable and repetitive storylines. It's comforting in its familiarity, if not it's depth of plot or character development. But I don't care. I'm here to get swept away by something sexy and that's what I get.

A "respectable" romance novel generally earns 3 stars for delivering what I expect, but I always appreciate the hearty and lusty Viking elements, so that in itself elevates this one to 4 stars.




View all my reviews

No comments:



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better