Friday, March 2, 2007

The Latest Crafting Storm Damage

I bought this yarn on e-bay

- 100% New Zealand Wool ~ 2ply
~ Sport weight
~ 350 yd. double strand skeins
~ 700 yards total (2X350 yd skeins)


I managed to get it for less than 10 dollars total, including shipping. It came in the mail today, so very, very nice... I also bought a sock kit - to make some purple socks for Charlotte. Very yummy and soft...Then I went crazy and ordered a bunch of yarn and some circular needles so I can try knitting socks on 2 circs.

In my lust for yarn, I started browsing Ebay again, and found myself mesmerized by old knitting pattern books and magazines. Particularly those from the 1920's to early 1950's. So classy...

I am going to now stop splurging, at least for now.. Just wait for my purchases to come in the mail. Except that I have this $25 birthday money just begging me to visit the local yarn shop and see what's there...
Can you ever have more than you need?

In other crafts, I am utterly enamored with this magical stuff and I WILL have to buy her book besides. I want to make little felted magical people and animals.

And OTN: Cable-y socks, halfway done on the second sock, then I'm moving on to the actual sock yarn and smaller needles. I may try the Monkey Socks next. Or just some vanilla socks in purple for Charlotte.

No comments:



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better