Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Frogged

Sometimes, you just have to start over. I finished the first Monkey sock (as you may recall), but it was just too loose. I admit, I am very new to the whole gauge thing, and with this one in pattern, I couldn't tell how it was going to be until it was mostly done. I could tell then that it seemed like it was going to be too loose, but I wanted to get all the way to the end. So, I did. And yep, too loose.

So, I tore the whole thing out, and I'm going to start again with smaller needles and see how that goes. Surely, I will never get even one sock done before the end of the month now, but I'm going to give it a try.

On other needles, as I was pouring through my stash to find yarn to make that B4 bag with, I came across some yarn I bought back in probably 2004 from Ozyarn (no longer in business sadly), a place in Australia that sold mainly novelty type yarns but they had some great patterns.

I bought 7 balls of this funky, lumpy blue and purply, yarn called Dazzle, which came with a pattern for making a celtic vest. I found the pin, that came with it the other day, and last night, I found the pattern I'd printed out. So, last night, I cast on and started it. It's on super big (5.5 mm) needles, so that's a switch. And now that I look at it, I'd probably really need one more ball of the stuff to make it actually fit me, but we'll see if I can tweak it a little.

'nuff talk. Must work to buy more yarn..!!

No comments:



Welcome to my HomeBody Blog.


It's All Good, but Some Is Better